Monday, February 10, 2014

Life without smartphone 1

First post after my iPhone got stolen

Been using iPhone for more than 7 years, the smartphone world taught me a lot, helped me made new friends, allowed me to connect with old friends etc. I felt extremely occupied and busy with a smartphone, I lowered my head on the train, in the bus line, in the bathroom...

I had a 64GB phone with 17000 + photos and videos, tons of handful apps, lots of memories.
2013 is not a good year for me and 2014 chinese new year wanted me to leave the smartphone world.
Whatever reason it is, I would like to treat it as fate
Friends asked me when I'm gonna get my smartphone back and be in the "modern world", I say as long as I could resist taking money from my pocket to get a new one.

Life without smartphone:
1. Felt like a hero, friends are amazed how you can live without a smartphone in 2014
2. Felt lonely, you got no one to "talk" to during your train rides (not to say the games that you have been playing and earning the "gems"/"coins")
3. Felt distant, while having a face-to-face group gathering with friends, they share photos into the "group chat" infront of you, but you cant download them
4. "Handicapped"- you have no idea where to place your hands now
5. Observe more of the "real world" - you start to pick up your head, you are forced to look around to find interesting things to look at, forced to listen to the people around you
6. "Too much" free time - reading books, writing blogs (ah-ha), daydreaming

Now I still see more pros than cons, till next time.

PS i got a nokia 206 as my temp phone for now, for real.

8 comments:

  1. Nice! You had been really obsessed with ur phone in the past.

    Glad to see ur blog popping up from my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't agree more with sf...LOL but life without smart phone means I cannot chat with you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still on the Nokia? Brave. I just thought about it, not having a smartphone, but it would be harder to run my business. Also I will be lost in HK (Maps) and I hate phone calls, text messages ok, but voice mails, phone calls in the MTR, remembering who to call back, it would be very, very hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey jeffery! well rmb those days that we only have phone phones?
      and since when running business moved from email to whatsapp?
      maps - train yourself reading a map map
      cant imagine how many people would "die" if internet on smart phone is gone for a day
      u know there is always "an alternative" to social network, "exploring" that may give you new ideas to work on/ inspiration (?)

      Delete