Saturday, June 6, 2009

Floral Competition

Rodarte 2006 (Photo from Style.com)



Fendi 2009 (Photo from Dazed Digital)



I have never been a fan of Fendi, but I can see they are changing to more colorful tones and targeting younger generations. From the multi-color to even paint-your-own Baguette Bag to this floral dress. Personally, I love the Rodarte version better, I was there in their show (as a helper), the flowers are stunning. It's hard for Ai to get into the dress (PS she's late that night =P), but it's the last piece and the most recognized piece. I love Rodarte and independent creative designers! Rock ON!

Just a wee-bit more about Rodarte: I love the pink dress Natalia Portman wore for Oscar 2009, but not quite the Blue & lace dress she wore to the Berlin premier of The Other Boleyn Girl. Looks like curtains to me...



However, I want to try something like wearing a dress with a big scarf on top, belted, not looking like two curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment