Sunday, June 21, 2009

Green is the New Black

Green is the New Black



The Daily Green is a website that I have discovered recently.
It's a consumer's guide to green revolution
Green can be environmetally conscious green or eating healthy which is EAT MORE GREENS!
Being naturally healthy is important but it's sometimes hard to succeed if you are living in Hong Kong with all those evil food.

1. It’s a Pizza Box! It’s a Set of Plates! It’s a Storage Container! (It’s All 3)

Developed by New York City-based green design firm -- environmentally conscious organization, inc. (eco for short) Watch the video and you'll get the idea. I think it's a simple but brilliant idea. However, I wonder if any consider pizza as healthy (well, if you get margarita pizza with only cheese, tomato and bread and it's oven-baked, maybe it's a healthy food) and if anyone will put their pizza in the fridge for tomorrow. (I won't)



2. 7 Superfoods to Eat for a Health Boost
Natural food is the best food for your health and diet, or even if you want to loose weight. These are some of them that I like to eat:
Spinach
green spinach @ hln
Oats
green oats @ hln
Oats are food with lower G.I. and will make you feel full for a longer period of time to cut the amount of junks you intake. I usually eat with 鈣思寶 from VITASOY. My dad usually eat with hot water plus sesame oil.
CHOCOLATES!! EAT THE DARK ONES
 green dark chocolates @ hln
Blueberries
 blueberries @ hln

Honestly, don't go crazy and over-dosing these food. I've had blueberry with yoghurt and lots of dark chocolates... Gained a lot of weight...And I don't recommend the recipes on Daily Green website, they sounds fattening to me e.g. bread pudding etc.

3. The Art of Upcycling: 10 Amazing Cardboard Sculptures by Mark Langan
This is the most exciting one for me! I love the Art Pieces, they are so creative. Trash can be fragile and elegant too.
 art @ hln
 art @ hln

Watch the Interview with the artist: Mark Langan!


But his website is so ugly..yikes!


Just a wee-bit more about revolution: 1st July I'll see you all in Victoria Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment